Thursday, April 1, 2010

Experiencing Work AFM style

The High and Junior High School pupils have just fiinished a few days of work experience onboard.
Rachel-Elise chose to work in our library which is quite fitting as she's probably read most of the books in there!
Iona chose to help teach the Kindergarten and Grade 1 children and had a great time cutting, sticking and colouring (I thought it was WORK experience?).
We hosted Kim Anna (a year TWELVE student) in our office. She learnt all about Fire Panels, security systems, embarking/disembarking crew members and also how to update the crew database whilst eating M&M's, yoghurt and chocolate bars. Multi-tasking is always a valuable skill:-) (Apologies to Kim Anna whom I demoted to year 9 in my original text - just goes to show how much extra help I really need!!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Well done Rachel & Iona at your work experience. My Dad took me to his engineering office for a 'take your son to work day' thing. I did fax, database, meetings (yawn), and loads of really interesting (yawn) things. Never again !! At least I got to use a really cool swivelling chair, Love Chip

Anonymous said...

I'm not in year 9!!!!! What an insult!
Kim Anna