Friday, November 20, 2009

Lots of Lasts

Yeah I know it's poor grammar! As we get nearer to sailing we have lots of "This is the last time we'll do this in Benin" moments. Last week we had our last refuelling and last container delivered to us here moments.
The re-fuelling barge came alongside and the whole process went very smoothly thanks to the expertise of our technical crew.

















The last container was full of frozen food and true to form it came in the evening. Before I could sign off the paperwork I had to check the temperature guage to see if it had been kept cold. If not then the thousands of dollars worth of food inside would have quickly spoiled. However the guage was at the end of the container that was against the cab of the truck, so I had to try to squeeze into a tiny gap to see it. I tried, failed and had to let the drivers (very skinny and much younger) assistant do it. I'm in the blue T-shirt with the white writing on the back...

















The last frozen one,

No comments: